Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Tuesday 4 January 2011

The fruit of my labour

Mateo got 'Art Academy' for his Nintendo DS this Christmas. We weren't sure he'd like it because he prefers to do things his own way, rather than follow instructions (or are all children the same?) Anyway, he has spent a lot of time following the lessons, much to my surprise, and has started to turn out some pretty good pictures - still all done on the nintendo.

I eventually could not contain my curiosity and was desperate to have a go. It was great!! I drew an apple; then a sunset, then a tree, then a pear - a bit more advanced than the apple, then a cut lime, which was stunning and my final lesson, thus far, was to paint a big, blue wave that was truly awesome. I decided I needed to practice my new techniques for real. And so I drew a pear as I had just learnt on the little nintendo but used pencils and paper that were lying around the house.

And I drew this! And I can't tell you how proud I am - I have never, ever been able to draw and so to produce this is quite overwhelming.


I need to work on the shadow, which is the wrong shape...and perhaps the shadow of the stalk should be at a slightly different angle....... oh listen at me, as if I knew what I was talking about!
I know this is no masterpiece, but for the first time ever, I have drawn something that actually looks like what it was meant to look like. And I have to say - the Art Academy was a good purchase and I will keep on with my lessons. If I can wrest it away from Mateo again that is.. we have a bit of a competition going now.
I will post our products on here from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!