Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Thursday 25 July 2013

Second Runner Up takes a break...

Remember I won a prize (second runner up) with my little piece on Alcala la Real? Well, this week, my lovely in-laws are here on a visit. They love our place - how could they not? And they are more than happy to stay at home and look after the children (or vice-versa) whilst FR and I take a short overnight break at what I hope will be a very nice hotel in Almeria.




I had thought it might be nice to go to Granada and stay overnight - nice and easy - but FR had the excellent idea of going further afield to a place we have intended visiting for a while but which would certainly require an overnight stay. And with five of us and a dog, we'd kept putting it off.

Cabo de Gato is considered one of the last 'wild' areas of Spain's southern coastline. This hotel, called 'Cortijo El Sotillo' has been converted from the original farmhouses just ten minutes walk from the beach and it looks absolutely wonderful, boasting 'green' and ecological qualities and the guest reviews recommend the breakfast. It has riding stables and a swimming pool though we are going mainly to explore the area.

I shall, of course, report back with photos on whatever our little adventure provides us with. I am rather ridiculously excited about it all! Fingers crossed it all works out very nicely. We can count on the thumbs of one hand, the number of times we have stayed together in a hotel, FR and I. (Don't know about you but for me, that's just the once!)





18 comments:

  1. So you are now going to need the thumbs of two hands.

    Have a wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I never thought of it like that but you are absolutely right!
      Thank you!
      Axxx

      Delete
  2. Really looking forward to the report...wish I was staying in a hotel with my husband rather than running around living from a suitcase when there are all these wonderful places to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very much looking forward to going. It's been a busy few days and I have some blog-reading to catch up on...so I need to find out what you've been up to.
      Promise you'll get a full report back some time next week if you are around to catch it.
      Take care and hope you get all things sorted that need sorting.
      Axxx

      Delete
  3. This sounds wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful time and that kids and in laws all survive. Cant wait to see the photos. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be lovely, Janice - I'm so looking forward to it. I'm sure all will be well at home...yeah, sure it will....it will, won't it?

      Yes, of course it will; we're going anyway!
      Axxx

      Delete
  4. Everything will be fine and the in-laws and children will have a wonderful time. Just make sure you and FR do the same. :-) What a good idea to go further afield. I look forward to the account and the photos. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Perpetua. Yes, I know they'll be fine and once we've left, I shall be able to enjoy everything but I shall spend tomorrow filling the house with food 'just in case' they run out!
      I shall take photos!

      Axxx

      Delete
  5. Have a great adventure the both of you---with many photos to tell the tale. X M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WILL be an adventure, Maria! I shall take lots of photographs - it's meant to be an incredibly beautiful place.
      Thank you.

      Axxx

      Delete
  6. How could your in-laws not love it :-) even looking after the children ,, they will all have a fab time, I have 5 grandchildren not sure I could look after them all at once though ,, oh maybe if I lived there :-) ,, Have a fun time away from home LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, yes, I'm sure they'll have great time - though I suspect it will be the children who look after the in-laws and not necessarily the other way round.

      Looking forward to our little break - I'm sure it will be lovely. We're aiming to leave nice and early before anyone else gets up!

      Axxx

      Delete
  7. Hope you have a wonderful time - and keep entering those competitions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nilly. The prize was such an unexpected thing! But you're right - I shall start entering more after this initial success. Who knows what else might be up for grabs!

      Axx

      Delete
  8. Have a wonderful time Annie. Look forward to the photos xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayak - must remember to take the camera! We're so anxious to go that I'll probably forget it! I should put it in a bag just now.

      Axxx

      Delete
  9. I missed this ... hope you're having a wonderful time Annie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time, thank you, Annie. More details to follow. Axxx

      Delete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!