Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Saturday 25 June 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

This Saturday is the first birthday celebration of three in a row in our family, just a week between each one.
Today it's mine.


Next Saturday is Cesar's birthday.
The Saturday after is Mateo's.

I made my cake at 9am this morning, before it got too hot to bear having the oven on.
A simple Victoria Sponge. With long candles, not lots - certainly not as many as there could have been!

It was very tasty.

And today, my mum called me on SKYPE to wish me Happy Birthday.

This is a first as up until now, she's been a determined technophobe. She also sent me an email yesterday.

And then my sister called me.
Which was lovely but not as much of a surprise as we chat for hours over the net. Thank goodness for the net!

And now it's back to the packing up before our next big move....more of which very soon.  The screws, nuts and bolts that will put Romy and Ruy's beds back together again are missing. Not lost, just not found.

Ho hum.





 






8 comments:

  1. Hello Annie:
    Happy birthday to you!! Your cake looks splendid and we are sure tasted delicious. We are using the past tense in the certainty that by now it has been completely eaten. The long candles add a touch of drama. Definitely an idea to copy if we may!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    "Not lost... just not found..." ohh such a good expression.
    I hope you have a day, a week, a month, a year, and a long lifetime of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and happy moving, Annie. Off-line for a week and come back to find you on the move! I'm all agog for the details....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all.
    We're just out for a walk now as it's cooled down a little. I think this is the hottest birthday yet... and I've had a few!

    More about our move soon, Perpetua!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated birthday greetings. Loving the simplicity of your cake and the elegant candles on it. Hoping those nuts and bolts turn up.... they are obviously somewhere "safe" ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Anna, thank you MPM (can't say the whole thing!) for your birthday wishes.
    The nuts and bolts thing - they do have to be somewhere - we left nothing in England! Crossing fingers for a timely find.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!