Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday morning.

After last night's noisy fiestas - when the streets were packed and the music went on and on and on...this morning has dawned quiet, calm and beautiful. My photograph can't capture the sense of peace that exists on our little street or the feeling of pure tranquility I have as I sit on the roof terrace with my coffee and look up towards La Mota. The crane - still, silent today - merely serves as a perch for tens of pigeons that from time to time, take off in unison and fly around in an unfathomable pattern before settling back again.

And is it wickedly selfish to be enjoying this all the more because I am the only one in my family who is up (apart from Darwin) and I've had a whole hour to myself, soaking in the morning sun and chilling out in a mindless and satisfied sort of way? I think not.

Peace, perfect peace.
Sunday morning as it should be.

6 comments:

  1. I love Sunday mornings and the sense of relaxed freedom from the everyday. A sunny rooftop vantage point sounds so perfect. Instead, I'm indoors, watching the magpies grubbing through the autumn leaves and pulling worms. It is 12 degrees.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh joy - thank you for sharing your moment of peace! If you could see the rain here...and the fog higher up on the moor....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anna, thanks CW; it didn't last long but it was so good whilst it did. I won't complain about the weather, it's lovely. I wonder if I will ever miss damp, drizzly, chilliness? Possibly, from time to time - we all need variety. Axx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a way to start a Sunday morning! Such a beautiful view! And an hour to yourself to boot! Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful place to live thanks for sharing it with us

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super photo, Annie and thanks for sharing your blissful moment. Sunny and warm here in Prague and I gather the UK is due for some of the same too. Autumn sunshine is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!