Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Monday 6 December 2010

Small joys of the English Language

Romy came into my bed this morning as I had yet another lie in (Sunday morning excuse) and brought a word search puzzle book with her.


We were searching for words relating to 'In the Kitchen' in the puzzle and I explained how it helped to look for the first letter of the object she was trying to find. So she started her search and she was so pleased to find her first word - cup. She carefully crossed it off the list. And continued her search.

When she got to saucepan - a word almost as big as 'wheelbarrow' or 'marmalade' (remember these words, Caroline?) she had a moment of hesitation - convinced that such a big word would be really hard to find.

But using the same technique of starting with the first letter, she was absolutely delighted to find it almost straightaway. When I said it was a good technique, she was very quick to correct me by telling me her success was due to her being 'good looking'. 


 

I wouldn't argue with that.



1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I like her confidence! Well she is a beautiful looking little girl :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!