Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Thursday 8 April 2010

Starting Out

Hello - welcome to a first-time blogger's attempt to tell a story. On a regular basis, I'll be charting the progress we make as a family in our plans to move from the north of England to the north of Spain. You don't need my life story - you'll pick things up along the way if you decide to join me. You do need to know that my husband is Spanish because that is key to the decision we made. We are me, (Annie), my husband, hereto referred to as FR and our three children, Mateo 11, Ruy 8 and Romy 6 - oh, and Jaws the Terrapin.
On 31st March 2010, I took early retirement - at 50, quite young to retire but just check the ages of my children again! We have decided we are going to pack up, sell our house, take my pension pay out and run away to Spain.
Feeling still young enough to start a brand new life but nervous nevertheless, this blog will serve to provide me with some personal support - I have always found writing things down to be 'a good thing' - and at the same time, I hope that what I have to say will be of interest to those lovely people I have left behind and also to anyone who wonders what it might be like to 'up and off'!

I welcome any comments you might like to make and hope you enjoy what you read here enough to come back from time to time.

Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!