Mateo and I are unsure as to whether we will manage to fly to Spain on Saturday. Flights earlier in the week were cancelled between Stansted and Valladolid - as well as between many other areas - because of the ash cloud. I decided that I would learn how to say the name of this infamous ash-cloud producing volcano, having already mentioned my literary links with Iceland and I am very proud to say that I think I have now got it - if not mastered exactly, a darn sight better than most newscasters around the world! I found a great deal of help on YouTube and a couple of good laughs too! If you are interested, try this help from the two Icelandic girls or a rather more formal version from here (which doesn't sound the same at all!) or a good laugh version from this guy.
If this smacks of someone who has too much time on her hands, due to having taken early retirement.. you might be right! Since FR got back and we talked and talked about all our different options, we are a bit stuck now until I have been to see La Urz, because there is no doubt that if we like it and Julian, the owner will sell it to us at a reasonable price, then this is where we'll be heading before too long. (In actual fact, as I am trying to blog here, FR is talking about the enormous bread oven that is in one of the stables and about all the amazing things he could cook in it.. he's now saying he could bake bread for eveyone in the village and cook whole lambs, chickens - in a terracotta dish with vegetables all around it. And then tells me I must go and be 'objective'!) However, we are treading water a bit just now. Hence my concern about Eyjafallajokell (sorry, can't find an 'umlaut' anywhere - just imagine it's there) and whether its ash is going to be dispersed enough for us to get to look at this place.
So excuse me if I don't blog until I get back.. promise I will tell you as soon as I can whether the bread oven is big enough!