Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Sunday 29 September 2013

Sunday...

This morning we awoke to creeping fog. A fog that was rolling over the tops of the mountains and towards us. No sunshine for Janice and Mark's last view of beautiful Andalucia was what I thought as I peered out of the window. We had spent much of the previous day together and spent a little planning how to publish a set of shared posts about our get-together. You will have to wait a little while until Janice gets home before we can make a start on those. As my camera isn't working properly at the moment, I have no sneaky pictures to share before she gets home - we will have to wait!

And I am only going to blog here that I've just had a phone call from her to say that they've reached their overnight stop-off point on their journey home and have enjoyed a beach walk in beautiful sunshine in a place our family once holiday'd and liked, Alcossebre. This is great news because here at home, it's miserable and damp to such an extent that FR lit the stove for us! I think that tomorrow, they are planning on visiting another of my favourite spots, just over the French border, the very pretty town of Collioure. It will be more than thirty years since I was there but friends of mine who have visited since assure me it's still very lovely there. It should round off their holiday beautifully.

I shall leave you with a photo of Collioure and those of you who know Janice can imagine her sitting and having her lunch here tomorrow - and join me in raising a glass to her very good health.

Picture courtesy of 'The Guardian'
(And I know I keep adding Mark in brackets but he too has been great company and I've really enjoyed getting to know him better!!)

9 comments:

  1. Lovely place to think of Janice and Mark enjoying their lunch in the sunshine!
    Most eager to see what you have been cooking up blogwise...
    We've been in the clouds nearly all day today...but at least it's warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still see your presence on my little revolving map, Helen, which is also rather nice! Small world. It's still quite warm here but really damp today. We wished we'd left the fire! Hoping for better weather for my mum.... Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen - the comment about the fire will make no sense to you...I put a message on Facebook to say it was so miserable here we lit the fire. It was nice for about 10 minutes and then we were too hot! Sorry, getting my communication channels all mixed up. Axxx

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to the joint blogs - but I'll be green with jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will indeed, BtoB - apart from the shingles bit....Axxx

      Delete
  4. I came to visit via Janice - looking forward to your joint blogs - lovely to see Collioure, a place I love but haven't visited for about 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very warm welcome, Rosemary. I recognise your gorgeous, green/blue avatar so we must read some of the same blogs. And I will definitely be reading yours from now on too - I've just nipped on and seen you are writing about one of my favourite things - Tres Riche Heures! How incredible! Thanks so much for joining. Speak soon. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you've been treated as unfairly weatherwise as we have in Mid-Wales, Annie. Lots of places have been having beautifully sunny, golden days whilst here we've been under a blanket of grey cloud all week. At least blankets keep one warm..... I'm glad the weather didn't stop you having a wonderful time with Janice and Mark and I like to think of them lunching in the scenic setting of Collioure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather didn't dampen our spirits at all, Perpetua. And I know they had great weather on the way back - did you see Mark in the sea?? Sorry it's been miserable for you too. Right now, the sun has come out again, after a stormy morning. And at least when the sun is out it's really still quite hot.
      Collioure is just beautiful - I don't know if you know it, but it's a super place - or was last time I was there. I hope Janice has a few photos of it too to share.
      Axxx

      Delete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!