Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Appreciating clouds

We've just shared a plate of torrijas, made because we had a build up of leftover bread but then I have just  found out that they are actually a traditional Easter dish in Spain, so it was a timely build up of leftover bread.

Torrijas are made from slices of bread, about a day old (or in our case a little more than that) soaked in a mixture of milk, egg and sugar, then gently fried until golden. Known in the UK as French Toast, here it's definitely torrijas - nothing foreign or French about it.

I never ate it when I lived in England but when it's slathered in honey and still hot, it's irresistible. 


What has this to do with clouds? Well, nothing at all except that as the last torrija disappeared from the plate, I noticed how the late sun was just catching some of the rooftops on the hill in front of us and that the sky was clearing and the clouds - which earlier had been dense and damp - were scudding along in gorgeous shapes and colours.

They reminded me of the clouds at the beginning of 'The Simpsons' - they had that sort of form and clarity.
So off I went for my camera to snap the effect of the setting sun and I'm very pleased with the results.



















Gorgeous!

















For some really stunning cloud pictures, visit The Cloud Appreciation Society.



1 comment:

  1. Super photos, Annie! I love sunsets :-) I've just done a photo post today - about as different from yours as it could be. Aren't blogs fun? Such variety.....

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!