Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Thursday 16 January 2014

Just relax..

I keep wanting to say 'It's been a while since my last post...' but that sounds like I'm going to make some sort of confession and I don't think that's the case.

I've been settling back into teaching - and am in the process of taking on more young students. Word gets round and luckily for me, it's a good word, and now my only problem is lack of time! I'm currently investigating the possibility of a Saturday class as Saturday morning is the only time available. I've been busy thinking of new and exciting things to do with ages from 6 to 12....all suggestions very welcome!

I've been to see a couple of puppies but I know when I've looked at them, I'm not quite ready to move on just yet. I know I can't replace Darwin and don't want to but I fell in love with him over the internet and never had anything less than that first feeling for him all the time. I need to fall in love with another one - and I will. Soon. I had begun to stress about it but have now accepted that there is no huge rush and very possibly, if we let it, the right one will find us.

I'm doing lots of Zentangles and if I have any confession at all, then it's that I am posting on my other blog, Annie's Tangles - not in preference to this one but because I am enjoying taking part in the various challenges to complete a drawing or fill in a Zendala. There are about three a week that I feel 'drawn' to do and I really enjoy it. I have held another Zentangle workshop in Alcala too and these will continue as regular, probably monthly features - and I have another couple interested in joining in the next one! Great fun and really very relaxing to do.

It's Romy's 10th birthday in just over a week and she's having her party at the Sports Centre and getting very excited about it. And this will be so easy for me, that I almost feel guilty! The children will have an hour and a half of play with a monitor - and they are excellent at keeping them playing fun games and using up a lot of energy - and then they return to have a little feast and the birthday cake and presents in the lovely room set aside for the purpose. I'm looking forward to it too.

I was watching something on YouTube on our big TV screen the other day and by chance something reminded me of a lovely video I saw a couple of years ago. I found it and sat and watched it a couple of times - so gorgeous it is - then Romy and Ruy joined me and sat through it, spellbound. It's deeply relaxing and beautiful. Yesterday, Ruy sat FR down to watch it too, and before long, we were all staring at the screen in a sort of gentle stupor.....how does it affect you?






***TAP TAP**** Are you still awake?

13 comments:

  1. I knew you would end up just as busy as before. I look at your other blog but am resisting picking up the pen as I can see from your enthusiasm just how addictive it is. Darwin will be such a hard act to follow but I'm sure you will know when you see "the one".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good thing this time, Annie, is that I am arranging my teaching around my own children and what they do - rather than the other way round. And I have the confidence to say 'no' if it doesn't work for me. I rather like the idea of a Saturday morning as I always have to go into town to shop or do other errands...and the children will be fresher and not tired after a day at school.
      I am definitely addicted to Zentangle! And my eyes are peeled for the right one....
      Axxx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're able to enjoy your teaching by pinning it round your family's requirements...and I wouldn't try too hard to find another dog. As you say, they come along....at least, mine have!
    But at least you're thinking of dogs who need homes rather than fattening the wallets of the owners of the dreadful puppy mills.
    But what about an older dog....?

    I can't relax at the moment...too much to do with various projects.... and when it gets like that I don't want to relax. I want to burn the candle at both ends and in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely no way would we buy a puppy, Helen. There are so many unwanted ones around. I would have an older dog but Romy has her heart set on a puppy and they are so special when very young. We'll see who comes along and makes their presence felt...

      I do love that rush of energy when there are lots of things on the go at once - I absolutely understand the urge to burn the candle at both ends..and in the middle. I just haven't got it right now! Don't do too much, though, will you? Take care, Axxx

      Delete
    2. I haven't had that rush for so long...and it is linked to Leo feeling better enough to have projects and to the water distribution problem/project which is getting me involved with others who live in the three valleys and with the bureaucracy both local and national.
      All good fun if you don't weaken!
      But I will take care...thank you!

      Delete
  3. Take your time Annie...the right dog for you will find you when you least expect it.

    That video was beautiful...it actually made me want to cry...silly sentimental old me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish we were nearer, Ayak - I somehow feel you'd be able to set the right dog's nose in our direction!
      I'm glad you enjoyed the video - I found it so very beautiful and do wish I'd known to bath my own in this way. Romy has already said she will bath hers like this....and that almost made me cry! Nothing wrong with a few sentimental tears.. Axxx

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you are taking life just as it should be taken, Annie - one day at a time.
    I'm sure you will know when the right dog comes along, and you sure do know how to post a perfect video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny - I'm hoping to keep this pace going as it feels like it suits me. I'm quietly asking Darwin to arrange the next dog...if this doesn't sound daft! It makes me feel better.
      Isn't the video just wonderful! Like Perpetua, whose comment I read first, I'd like a bath like that myself! Axxx

      Delete
  5. The beauty of being a self-employed teacher is that you can fit it round your other commitments, Annie. I know you'd be in demand. so don't forget how to say no when necessary. I think it's very soon to be worrying about a new dog. I'm sure there's one out there for you. You just haven't found each other yet. As for the video, it made me want to be cossetted like that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words, Perpetua and I promise I have taken them to heart. I have now set up a Saturday class but will probably take up to five students only in the hour and no more...makes it worthwhile too.
      I have made the decision not to worry about another dog. I will wait til it happens naturallly. And I love your take on the video - I did wonder whether it was offered for grown ups too! Axxx

      Delete
  6. Sorry - I'm in floods of tears. Must be old age - or just life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because it's how life could be..should be...Sorry, didn't mean to make you cry! Axxx

      Delete

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!