Casa Rosales

Casa Rosales

Saturday 19 February 2011

On request


Ruy asked me today if I'd make scones. I had made some a few weeks ago, using up the last of the self-raising flour and caster sugar that had come all the way from England with us. Despite searching high and low, I haven't found either item anywhere in Spanish shops, so I had a go with substitutes (plain flour with baking powder and demerara sugar) and I didn't use the buttermilk suggested because I haven't seen any of that either.

I'm pleased with the results.



This is my recipe book - the original, Scottish recipe adapted after checking out what Delia had to say.

Delia rarely gets things wrong and is a true goddess unlike other pretenders...

I don't do detail but this isn't a recipe that needs much explaining. Delia says buttermilk instead of the milk and adds an egg. I used an egg and about 2 tablespoons of milk to milk the ingredients together.




Working in my rather small kitchen, space is at a premium with the hob doubling as a worktop.

(Note how badly the oven fits - but at least I have an oven!! )



And happy to find I had brought my Granny's rolling pin with me - lots of memories.



Turned out nice, golden and light.

We enjoyed them with raspberry jam and some rather runny cream and they disappeared quickly whilst still warm....


Simple pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments - it makes blogging even more fun to know someone is reading!